Monday, March 28, 2011

A refined vision for The Quiet Guy Society

I've been talking to my buddies about the context for this quiet guy adventure. Thanks to Mark Silver from Heart of Business for a terrific exercise which helped to refine my vision and the context.

Here is what surfaced for me:

My vision is a work environment where quiet guys sit shoulder to shoulder with the louder extroverted types. Where they are heard, respected and rewarded for the gifts they offer their team or organization.

The biggest struggle has been their own fears and anxiety connected to sharing their point of view often in a less than friendly (hostile) environment.

I celebrate each time a quiet guy steps up and shares their truth and they make a powerful mark on others who never saw it coming. I love the surprise factor of unexpected brilliance and the quiet confidence that wells up when a quiet guy realizes they have huge value to offer even if others can’t see it.

If you are struggling to identify your personal vision check out Mark's blog post via this link: 
http://bit.ly/ehgBZT

Be Quiet and Be Proud! 

No comments:

Post a Comment