Monday, March 21, 2011

How To Write Your Own Personal Success Script

Are you attracted to tools and techniques that help you better understand yourself? I thought so.

I stumbled upon a blog post by social media guru Chris Brogan that provides a fill in the blank formula for quickly getting to the heart of you and your personal vision or goals for the year ahead.

Here is my script using his formula:


My name is Brenton. I was raised in London, Ontario, a place known for its trees and health care. When I was growing up, I never quiet felt like I was like other guys. I used to think that I'd grow up to be superman or a firefighter saving others from burning buildings and bad guys, but that's not how it turned out. Instead, I spend my time saving quiet guys from the insanity of living a lie to please others and to avoid the uncomfortableness that comes when we set out to make a lasting and meaningful mark.


Over the last few years, I've felt challenged by finding the balance between working a 9-5 job which I enjoy, keeping my family commitments and pursuing this idea of the Quiet Guy Society. It always seems that people around me seem comfortable and satisfied with their 9-5, but not me. In my world, I find myself feeling like I have more value to offer than what I have to offer at work.


Thinking about the next several months, I want to make a change. I want to think more about my first offer to promote. I might not want to forget about my other commitments, but I'll try and turn it around and focus on a tangible product a bit more than the other stuff.



Lastly, when I look back on how things went in six or eight months, I hope that I can say that I kept blogging, shared Quiet Guy Society with lots of people and learned a lot about what the community needs. I want one of the most special people in my life, Corrie (my wife), to say this about me: He is having a blast and helping a lot of quiet guys find and make their mark and has become an even better husband and father. That's when I'd feel really good about things, no matter what else happens.


That's my personal script for the moment. Fill it out for yourself and feel free to send it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment