Monday, April 16, 2012

Why I've been so quiet

I've been very quiet lately.

What did you expect from a quiet guy! :)
 It has felt like a necessary and natural break.

A number of people have been asking about this blog and why I haven't been posting.

Here's the deal.

The past six months have been a time of deep reflection and career transition.

I've been thinking about who I am, what I enjoy, what I want, how I want to contribute, who I want to play with and how to best leverage my experience.

The result of this exploration has been the development of a new business.

The business is called Strategic Fuel. It's a business and brand platform that will allow me to contribute in new and bigger ways. This is a business that is exciting for me. I've been getting a very positive response, fully enjoying the conversations and new connections. And I've landed some work too!

The image of the fire pit is a symbol that is resonating with me right now. It suggests coming full circle in my career and the importance of letting some things burn down so that new ideas and energy can emerge.

I'm letting the idea of being an 'employee' burn up. It's being replaced with the idea and stance of being an 'entrepreneur'.

There have been moments filled with anxiety and fear as I make the move to establish my own business. But mostly there is an underlying voice reminding me that life is short and it's time to play big. It's this voice that keeps me excited and moving forward.

I'm in the process of developing my Strategic Fuel website and you can check it out here www.strategicfuel.ca

I'm pondering what to do with this blog but I know that whatever it becomes will be the right direction for it.

Whether it's serving my clients through my new business, through this blog or in other ways I look forwarding to helping other guys like me express the best of who they are and build a prosperous business and life!


No comments:

Post a Comment